From This Side of the Pond.
1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense.
Actual mountaintop - not since I was about 20 years old, in Puerto Rico. There are no mountains in Florida. Figuratively - last night when my daughter told me she'd won tickets to see Casting Crowns in concert. I asked the Lord for those tickets, and He delivered. I'm still on that mountaintop.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
Yes - at least I try very hard to. My advice that I've given my own kids is to prepare a budget and stick to it. Debt is a curse. Avoid it at all costs.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.
I love cherry pie.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
I guess that depends on your confidence level. I don't talk much about anything to people I don't know.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
I'd much rather be the passenger. I only drive because I have to, not because I like to. My last road trip was to Orlando several months ago.
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
I have a fairly colorful closet actually. I think teal takes up a good portion, as does fuchsia/burgundy.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
That would be my mom. 'Cause she's my mom.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Okay, so Casting Crowns, one of my all-time favorite Christian bands, is performing in Boca Raton, and I knew I couldn't afford to buy tickets, which is a bummer. So I asked God if it were His will to let me somehow get tickets. My daughter went to see Chip Ingram yesterday at a local church and won 2 tickets! God is so faithful! It was a simple request I made once, and I didn't think about it again, but my Father didn't forget about it. He is so good!
The Wonder of Christmas
3 hours ago