Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's the middle of the week, time for my mid-week Hodgepodge courtesy of Joyce, From This Side of the Pond.


1.  When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
You know how it is, when you live near something you rarely go visit it?  Well, that's me and the ocean.  I can get to the beach in about a half hour, maybe less, but I can't remember the last time I was there.

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Whining, doors slamming, and bad words coming out of children's mouths.

3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I try on at the store.  I hate making return trips, especially with the price of gas being what it is.

4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I do like pistachios, but they don't like me back.  No kind of nuts for me unfortunately.

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone?  Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I can't remember any specific time, but I don't mind compromising.  As a mom I think it's important to teach my kids it can't always be their way.  They have to take the feelings of others into consideration.  This is especially true if they want to have a successful marriage someday.

6.  Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I believe in grade school I did because it was a school assignment, and yes I got a response, but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was I wrote to.

7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
My oldest son's birthday on the 27th.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
February was a dry month except for today.  We've gotten lots of rain since early this morning.  It's been much needed, and behind it there's a cold front which will also be welcome.  It's not normal to get temps in the 80's in the middle of winter.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Your profile sounds a lot like mean in what God is doing in our lives :)