Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


I'm joining Patrice, Wendell and all the gang on the porch for some chats at my favorite chatting place, Everyday Ruralty.  Some of the girls contributed the questions, so here are my answers:


QUESTIONS
1. Furry Bottoms asks: Did you grow up in a small town, or a big town? Did you like it?
I grew up in the city.  New York City.  The Bronx, to be exact.  I didn't like it at all.  I like where I live now, a small town outside of the big city.  I have all the perks of the city nearby, but not in my backyard.  There are cows in our area.  I like that much better.

2. Lisa wants to know: If you could pick one song to hear for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Amazing Grace.  It's beautiful, and expresses what I feel.

3. Karen asks: What are your pet peeves?
Leaving closet doors open.  What is so difficult about closing the doors?  It seems every time I turn around the pantry door in the kitchen is open.  Just shut the door, for crying out loud!

4. Colletta says: Do you remember your dreams? Are they in color or black and white? What is the craziest dream you've ever had?
I don't usually remember my dreams.  I wake up from a dream, I know I've been dreaming, but I'll quickly forget what I was dreaming about.  I do believe my dreams are in color.  I don't know about the "craziest" dream, but I've had several dreams where I'm a teenager living at home with my mom.

5. Rachel asks: What is the perfect pair of shoes for you?
Flip-flops.  I practically live in them.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

my hubby loves to leave open the cabinets in the kitchen & i have to catch myself so i don't walk into them. ouch!! silly man. ( :

Patrice said...

NY city is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Flip flop season is just around the corner. Amazing Grace is such a classic.

Sherri said...

We did a job in the big city a waaaay long time ago. It was the Flat 'Otel on Fifth Ave. We haven't been there since before 9/11. I do love that city, but like you I love the country, close but, not to close to the city. Have a blessed week :O)