Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
I'm taking a quick break to spend some time with my friends at the porch before my oldest son comes out for the beginning of his birthday celebration! And what's even better, one of the questions is mine! Thanks to Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty for hosting and letting me join in.
1. Melanie asks "What kinds of seafood have you tried and liked? What is the most unique seafood you've eaten?
I love all different kinds of seafood: shrimp, lobster, clams, sea bass, salmon, tilapia, etc. Crab I'm not fond of. The most unique seafood I had years ago was fried eel at a sushi place. It was surprisingly delicious.
2. Anne says, "An unforgettable holiday moment is_____________________. (She's on the other side of that BIG pond. I believe a holiday is a vacation on this side. )
I guess it would be the time we took my sister to Disney World. Despite the fact that she was in her late 20's or early 30's (can't remember which) she was as giddy as a little girl. Seeing her so happy made me happier still.
3. Arlene wants to know, "When was the last time you tried something new?"
Funny you should ask! (Or shall I say, funny I should ask, since this is my question, heehee). I'm baking a cream cheese pound cake from scratch for the first time for my son's birthday today. I'm really hoping it's a hit, otherwise I'll have to break out some Duncan Hines!
4. Becky asks, "Who or what inspires you?"
Missionaries inspire me. Men and women who are willing to leave family, friends, and the comforts of home to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ remind me that any little thing I can do here to impact the kingdom of God is worthwhile.
5. Madonna wants to know," How did you chose the names of your children. Wendell adds,"If you don't have kids, how do you choose pet names?"
Since I don't share my children's names on my blog for privacy reasons, I will just say this: my oldest son's name is Biblical, my daughter's name I got from a cartoon princess, and my youngest son was named by his older siblings.