Monday, March 25, 2013

Move It Mondays

Good morning, and welcome to the beginning of Holy Week.  We are taking time to celebrate the greatest gift ever given, eternal life through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  If you haven't accepted this gift, let me encourage you to do so.  It's free!  Jesus paid the price for your sins; no one has ever loved you more.  Take a moment to thank Him, and to accept the gift of salvation.  It's a decision you will never regret.

I had a busy weekend and now have a busy week ahead of me.  Saturday was cleaning day, and boy did I do some major cleaning!  Even Molly got her much needed bath, which the weather and schedule finally allowed for.  Palm Sunday we went to church and enjoyed listening to an excellent sermon by our new pastor.  This man is seriously on fire for the Lord!  It is encouraging as well as convicting to hear him speak.  I'm so looking forward to Good Friday and Easter Sunday!

I didn't get my shopping completed this weekend because of all the other stuff going on, so I'm making a Walmart run this morning.  There are some special things I need to buy to make my oldest son's birthday cake on Wednesday.  My baby will be turning 26 (where has the time gone?!) and I have been wanting to try this recipe for a cream cheese pound cake made from scratch.  All I need to buy is the cake flour and the cream cheese, so I'm going for it.  Once I get back from Walmart, I need to get the master bathroom cleaned up.  It was the only thing I had planned to do on Saturday that didn't get done.  I sort of put it off, since bathroom cleaning is my least favorite chore (when will someone invent a self-cleaning bathroom?  Please!).  I'll be making steak today, possibly pepper steak or just plain old steak with rice.  Let's see if I find some nice peppers at the store.

Tomorrow I'm volunteering at the church office.  We've been filling bags with candy to give out on Easter Sunday.  There are just over 500 bags filled, and another 300 to go.  There are also some paper bag puppets being made to give out to the preschoolers.  I helped trace lion's manes last week which my daughter cut out, and we still have the lambs to be made.  It's a lot of work but a joy to see the children's faces light up at the simple gifts.

Wednesday is R's birthday, and the day will be dedicated to spending time with him.  I'm sure his friends will come over, so I hope the cake turns out good!  I hope to barbecue some chicken that day, though it's supposed to be cold.  Our weather this month has been absolutely bi-polar.  This weekend temps were in the mid to upper 80's.  It's already 75 degrees now, but the weather is scheduled to take a turn, with temps dropping into the 50's tonight and 40's tomorrow night!  It's hard to decide what to wear when the weather is so crazy.  I just hope we don't get rain on Wednesday.

Thursday should be an interesting day.  I finally got the update from the IRS - our refund will be credited to our account on March 28!  Saturday I got a letter from H&R Block stating that the IRS had issues with returns containing form 8863, which is the Education Credit.  Since my daughter was in school last spring I took the credit, and that's what was holding up my refund.  Thankfully there were no errors on my part (that was what concerned me the most), and the money should be in the bank this week.  Thank You Jesus!

Good Friday will be a day of meditating on the Lord's sacrifice.  We will be in church at noon for Good Friday service and communion, then spending time in the Word.  It's a time for reflection; does my life show my gratitude for what Christ has done for me?

Saturday night I've been asked by my old church to help out in children's ministry.  They are short-handed because so many people are on vacation this week.  I volunteered to teach the 2nd and 3rd graders, and I have to prepare for that.  Honestly, I haven't even read the lesson yet :(.  I will get to it though, I promise.

Easter Sunday we have no big plans other than church on Sunday morning.  Since my daughter interns at her church she will most likely be gone the entire day.  Easter Sunday is a day of celebration, so we will most likely celebrate the way I love most - barbecuing!  Perhaps the Lord will bring a family in need to us to share our gratitude with.  I'm certainly open to whatever He sends my way.

Well, I'd better get a move on.  As you can see, I'm not kidding about being busy!  Take some time to reflect on God's goodness every chance you get.  He loves you, and wants only the best for you.  Have a blessed week.

No comments: