Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, March 5, 2013...

Outside my window...the sun has gone down on another hot South Florida day.  I can't believe how much the weather has changed from one day to the next.

I am thinking...of my daughter's impending surgery.  Her wisdom teeth are coming out tomorrow.

I am thankful for...the opportunity to volunteer at our old church.

I am going...to take a Benadryl because my allergies are acting up.

I am wearing...a yellow top, jeans, and socks.  It was 51 degrees when I went out this morning.  It got up to 75 by the afternoon.

I am noticing...that the temperatures have been going up and down like a roller coaster, and the next few days is going to be much of the same.

In the kitchen...I made spare ribs in the oven, with baked beans, corn on the cob and salad.  One of my daughter's favorite meals.  She won't be eating solids for the next few days, so I thought this would be nice for her.

I am reading...very little right now because I've been so busy.

I am hoping...the surgery goes well and recovery is quick and as painless as possible.

I am looking forward to...Easter week at the end of this month.

I am hearing...my son doing his homework and asking me an occasional question.

Around the house...I got a couple of loads of laundry done today and did a major cleaning of the kid's rooms yesterday, since I'll be busy with my daughter all day tomorrow.

A favorite quote of the day...“You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” ― Dave Ramsey

One of my favorite things...an evening at home with my kids nearby.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I'm taking my daughter to have her surgery tomorrow, and the rest of the week will depend on how she's feeling.  I get to be mommy and nurse to my little girl.  All prayers for her safety and rapid recovery are greatly appreciated.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

A will probably need 4 to 5 days of eating stuff like soup, mashed potatoes, chopped ground meat ... stuff that she doesn't have to do much chewing because her jaw will hurt if she chews. Ice cream, pudding and applesauce are good, too! :D

Vicki said...

The weather in central Florida has been up and down too. And windy!!

Will be praying for your daughter that the procedure will go well and that she will have a speedy recovery.

Here’s My Post