Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, March 19, 2013...

Outside my window...it's dark and humid.  We got some rain yesterday and today, which was much needed.

I am thinking...about the students at UCF after the scare they got yesterday.  You can read about it here.

I am thankful for...the greatest sacrifice in history.  This month we remember how God so loved the world that He gave His Only Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

I am going...to watch the new episode of 19 Kids and Counting.

I am wearing...a pink t-shirt that says, "Got Jesus?" on it, jean shorts and flip-flops.

I am noticing...my eyesight isn't what it used to be, and that's pretty bad since I've been near-sighted most of my life.

In the kitchen...breakfast for dinner.  I made buttermilk pancakes from scratch.  Yum!

I am reading...Ruby again.  I have to finish this book once and for all.

I am hoping...my income tax return is done processing soon.  It's been over a month and they're not done yet.

I am looking forward to...spring break, which starts this Friday.  I'm sure my son is looking forward to it as well.

I am hearing...19 Kids and Counting, last week's episode.  The new episode will start in about a half hour.

Around the house...I need to vacuum again.  I can't miss a day of vacuuming.  The house gets full of dog hair.

A favorite quote of the day..."Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." - Chuck Swindoll.

One of my favorite things...barbecuing anything.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, spring break starting on Friday, church on Sunday.

A peek into my day...my new barbecue, given to me by my sister and brother-in-law.


Now maybe the rain will stop and I can continue barbecuing!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: