Friday, March 8, 2013

The Week in Review

 - Let's get to the most important thing this week:  my daughter's surgery.  Her wisdom teeth all came out on Wednesday morning, and praise God there were no complications.  We are so thankful!

One of her bottom wisdom teeth was impacted, and the other was dangerously close to the nerve.  The latter tooth was the precarious one, since nerve damage could result from pulling out the tooth.  Her oral surgeon told us from the CT scan they were able to see that the nerve was running between the roots of her tooth, so they would have to break the tooth apart to try and not disturb the nerve.  He explained to us that even the slightest touch of the nerve would cause that part of her face to be numb for an undetermined amount of time; it could be a couple of weeks, or months, or years.  It wasn't what we wanted to hear, but we leaned on the Lord and left it all in His hands.

On Wednesday she went in at 9:15 am for her surgery, and by 10:50 am I was in to see her.  She awoke from the anesthesia very weepy but was okay.  The oral surgeon told me that the tooth came out in one piece and actually slid right out without any problems.  I knew it was the power of all the prayers that had been lifted up for her!

My baby girl is now swollen, and the antibiotics are harsh on her stomach, but she's recuperating well.  There is zero numbness which is proof that God was the one operating on her :-).

 On to other news...

 - I filled out our income tax return the beginning of February and sent it in.  IRS didn't accept it till February 14 because of a form that was not being accepted till mid February.  According to the website, once the return is accepted we should receive our refund within 21 days.  It is now past 21 days, and all the website tells is that the return is being processed and a refund date will be advised when available.  I don't know if the problem is the IRS or if there is an error on my return.  I've checked and reviewed and can't find anything wrong, but that doesn't mean the IRS didn't find anything.  All I know is, I had to dig into our savings to pay the $840 deductible for my daughter's surgery.  Hopefully the return will be processed and our refund sent soon.

 - Our weather has been crazy.  It got down into the 40's on Sunday, and it's been in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's all week.  The humidity has been extremely low, the breezes have been cool, the sky has been clear blue, and it's been on and off hot and cold every few hours.  Right now the weather is 76 degrees, perfect for barbecuing.  My daughter is glad we don't have a barbecue right now.  She can't open her mouth wide enough to get any real food in it.  She's on a liquid/soft food diet till the swelling goes down.

 - There is a very large black trash bag in my living room filled with plastic Easter eggs.  The church my daughter interns at will be having an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday, and we've been asked to close the plastic eggs.  That's right, the eggs ship open, but the church needs them closed.  I believe there's 5,000 eggs here now and another 5,000 on the way.  This will keep us busy for a while.

That's what's been going on.  I'm off to make my daughter some soup.  Hope y'all have a good weekend.


No comments: