Monday, November 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 23, 2009 (the Monday before Thanksgiving)...


Outside my window...the sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds, the breeze is still cool, and the neighbor's cat is prowling for lizards.


I am thinking...about preparations for Thanksgiving which will be here at our house this year.


I am thankful...for my family being together at Thanksgiving. My daughter is due home on Wednesday. To have us all under one roof is what this holiday is all about.


I am going...to wrap a few more presents, get some laundry going, change the sheets on all the beds, clean the family room and kitchen, all while listening to Christmas carols. Busy, busy, busy.


I am wearing...a pink tank top and pink shorts. Still warm enough outside for light clothes, and it's more comfortable to clean this way.


I am remembering...that I have to go to my mother-in-laws this afternoon to pick up our turkey.


I am creating...a Thanksgiving home.


I am reading...1 Timothy for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, and Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. I started reading Anne of Avonlea but without reading from the start it's a bit confusing. This time I'm starting from the beginning.


I am hoping...to have everything ready by Wednesday when my daughter comes home.


On my mind...it's hard to have anything but Thanksgiving and Christmas on my mind right now. I'm so excited for both!


From the learning rooms...E turns in his science project today. It's a short school week, which makes my son veeeery happy.


I am noticing that...stores have started their Black Friday specials before Black Friday. I guess the economy has hit them hard.


I am pondering these words..."Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6. I always write this verse to new moms.

From the kitchen...baked chicken, and rice with corn. Let's get the fall meals rolling!

Around the house...so much to do, so little time. This will be the only time I sit down today.

One of my favorite things...is decorating my home for the holidays. I look forward to it the entire year.

A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning and laundry today and tomorrow. I hope to get some shopping done tomorrow also. Wednesday is dessert day; I will be baking a strawberry cake and making coconut rice pudding for Thanksgiving. Thursday is the big day. Lots to do and enjoy. Friday starts the decorating frenzy. It takes 3 days to decorate my home for Christmas. Saturday one of my dearest friends will host a Christmas Around the World party at her home with leftover pieces that she never sold. It's gonna be a busy week, but in a good way.

From my picture journal...


The Thanksgiving turkey my son E made last year. So cute!


Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Cute turkey. I can tell you are all excited to get on with your busy schedule of preparing for the holidays. Enjoy!

dtbrents said...

What a cute turkey. It seems we all have a lot of cleaning to do. I hope your turkey turns out great. We are also having ham. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Doylene

Niama Perrotte said...

I like the journal on this website.