Saturday, August 23, 2008

Getting settled

We arrived safely in Central Florida yesterday. Praise God we didn't get any bad weather driving up. Tropical Storm Fay is lingering north of us but all we got was light rain most of the day. Of course this doesn't make for good moving conditions. We managed to get everything in her dorm, and the room is coming together nicely. My daughter is on campus but in an apartment where she has her own bedroom and which she shares with 3 other young women. One of the ladies is her best friend, who we know from one of our local churches. It's such a blessing to have A stay with someone we know and trust, who loves the Lord and will be a positive influence in A's life. She's here with her parents, who we followed driving up, and that's been a blessing in itself. They're a great family to be around. I met another one of the girls on my last visit here. She is very polite and just an all around sweet young lady. J, my daughter's friend, was her roommate last semester and knows her well. There's one more young lady who won't be here till tomorrow. My daughter has chatted with her via the internet a few times and it looks like they're all going to get along. I sure hope so; this is A's first experience outside of home, and I want it to be a good one. I'm not totally sure what today's plans are, other than finishing up her room and an activity here at the school. Everyone is sleeping in; we got back from running errands late, and by the time all was put away it was 1:30 in the morning. I'd been awake since 5:30 the previous morning so I was exhausted and went to bed. I think everyone else went down shortly after. Problem is, I'm an early bird. Doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I'm usually the first one up. Today was no exception: I was up at 6:30. It's past 9:00 now and I'm the only one awake. Guess I'll wait till the group is hungry enough for breakfast.

Arlene

No comments: