Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Last Month in Review

So, there you have it. We said goodbye to our beloved pet just over a month ago. I'll be saying goodbye to my daughter A this Sunday when I drop her off at school 4 hours away. And next week I'll be saying goodbye to my coworkers and the job I've had for the past 11 years. After over 20 years of working, for the first time in my life, I'm going to be a stay at home mom. That's a lot of change in one month. Even for the person who loves change, I think this is more than a handful. But instead of fear, I feel relief. Not a normal feeling for me, I can assure you. Yet I feel relief, because instead of trying to carry this enormous weight on my own shoulders, I've given it to God. I've laid down my burdens at the feet of Jesus. And right now, I'm feeling as light as a feather.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
- Matthew 11:28-29

No comments: