Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Turning a dorm into a home

This weekend I helped my daughter A turn her cold, empty dorm room into a temporary home away from home. Once we were done it became a cozy, warm and inviting little place.




This is the bed when we first walked in the room. Not too comfy looking, that's for sure.




Much better!




The kitchen is certainly functional, but very boring!




Now here's a place I'd like to prepare a dinner!

It makes a huge difference to walk into a place that feels familiar instead of empty. One of the plaques over the stove says, "If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to!" I didn't get it for them, but I thought that was a good reminder none the less. I just pray my daughter will be comfortable here.


Arlene

No comments: