Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Princess

One of my ex-coworkers made a "funny" comment this week about how nice it must be to live the life of a princess, because I'm currently a stay-at-home mom. It's 10:30am right now. Let's see what Her Royal Majesty has accomplished thus far:

Got up, had first morning devotion, washed up
Took out meat for lunch
Prepared breakfast for self and youngest child (hubby had already left for work)
Read emails while eating breakfast
Fixed bed, tidied up bedroom
Separated laundry
Got load of laundry in washer
Went to the bank (in the next city south of us)
Went to the park with youngest son for morning exercise
Loaded laundry into dryer
Folded and put away one load of laundry, 2nd load is in dryer
Cleaned kitchen

Princess?! Sounds more like Cinderella to me. Why is it people think if you're a stay-at-home mom all you do is sit around all day watching TV and eating bon-bons? Or that we don't "have a life"? I have a very busy life, thankyouverymuch. Not only busy, but productive and satisfying. If you're a career woman and you absolutely love it, great. I'm happy for you. Just don't assume that I'm miserable because I don't have your life. 'Cause I'm not.

Now if you'll excuse me, Her Majesty will get off her throne (soap-box) and prepare a royal meal of fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn on the cob. A meal fit for a king.