Friday, May 15, 2009

The Completed Bathroom

Yes, that's right, completed! Oh, I am SOOO happy this construction project is D-O-N-E Done! I know I shouldn't complain, the work turned out beautifully and we have the satisfaction of knowing we did it ourselves. I'm just glad I don't have to clean up construction debris 20 times a day anymore!

This is the vanity my brother-in-law built, along with the incredibly great bargain granite top with sink I got at Lowe's. The colors work well with the tile and the wall. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.


Here's another view. I also love the fixtures and the matching accessories. It gives it a bit of a rustic feel, similar to what we have in the kitchen.

This is the medicine cabinet. It matches the vanity and provides extra storage. So much that it's half empty! I don't mind. I think it's perfect.


All in all, after reviewing everything we spent (and everything we returned), we kept to the budget to the tune of $54.15 under. I'm glad we did the small bathroom ourselves, otherwise we'd have gone significantly over. God had a great lesson for us with this gift: trust in Him to provide, even when it looks impossible. He made it possible for us to remodel 2 bathrooms for the price of one, when only one of us is working. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That is truly beautiful! Job well done. You'll be enjoying the fruits of ya'lls labor for a long time!

Mrs. O said...

Who forgot to put down the toilet seat?!?!?! LOL