Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 18, 2009...
Outside my window...sunny and warm again, though we got tons of rain on Saturday and a little on Sunday. Much needed and much appreciated. Thank You, Lord!
I am thinking...about my daughter who starts the summer session today. She did excellently in her spring classes, a B+ in biology and A's in the rest of her classes. Now she's taking a couple of English lit classes to try and get ahead. She's determined to finish her studies early. I hope she does too.
I am thankful...for the two weeks my daughter was home with us, for my 2 boys, my husband, and my home.
From the learning rooms...3 weeks left of school. Of course, only 2 count, since the last week is games and such. That's the week my son is looking forward to!
From the kitchen...smothered pork chops with mixed veggies and white rice. One of my hubby's favorite meals.
I am wearing...a khaki beige tank, turquoise capri's, and white flip-flops.
I am creating...a recipe book! I found one on sale at Waldenbooks for $8. It's a binder with pages and dividers, so I can document my recipes and keep them handy. The older kids have been asking me to do this also. It's nice to see them take an interest in Mom's cooking.
I am reading...Psalms for morning devotions, still on Mark for SOAP devotions, and still reading Surviving Financial Meltdown. I've been a slow reader lately. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.
I am hearing...pretty much nothing. I'm all by myself this morning (bliss!!!).
Around the house...there's a million things to do! Take down all the bed linens and wash them, clean up the family room and kitchen, pick up in all the other rooms. Ah, a woman's day is never done...
One of my favorite things...is coupons. Especially when you've puchased an item on sale AND you have a coupon for it - that's just great!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: My youngest son has a birthday party this Saturday so I have to buy the child a present. Awana on Wednesday (we're winding up before the summer), and I'm serving in children's ministry this Sunday which is always nice.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...Mother's Day portrait. Our church, Calvary Fellowship, does Mother's day portraits every year. Unfortunately my hubby had a softball game and my oldest son had gotten in late the night before, so it was just me and the 2 younger kids. Still, I think the pic turned out great. Hope everyone's Mother's day was sweet.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

Aisling said...

I started documenting my recipes for my kids through my food blog, I was doing photo recipes for them, BUT when i moved to a new host i forgot to move the pics too! YUCK, now, at some point I have to go and find all the photos on this computer somewhere (hopefully) and stick new links into all the right places.

Kristi said...

It's a great picture! I hope you have a great week.

Thanks for your prayers...really...I can't express my appreciation enough!

quilt'n-mama said...

I enjoyed stopping by! Great picture and I hope your summer is wonderful! SOunds like your daughter did very well in spring classes. I went through school quickly as well, going year around but loved it!
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com

Crystal said...

Nice to meet you! Your family picture is great. Good luck with your recipe book project - it will be a great family keepsake. Have a blessed week!