Monday, July 13, 2009

Back From the Interview

I went to the job interview today. It's a couple of towns south of where I live, but on the expressway it took me only 15 minutes to get there, which is a plus. I got there early so I stayed in the car studying Discerning the Voice of God for about 10 minutes before going in. I needed to hear His voice really bad!

I met with the interviewer, who is my sister-in-law's boss. As I sat there he proceeded to read my resume. This was the first hint that he'd called me in just to please my s-i-l. He hadn't even seen my resume before. He then proceeded to explain their business, emphasizing various times that they really wanted someone with garment business experience. I have none, other than the fact that I wear clothes ;-). He told me the position was for a CSR, and that their customers are nasty, real nasty, really really NASTY. I was actually offended for his customers! He said he just wanted to make that absolutely clear. He must have seen the shock on my face, I know I couldn't hide it! When he asked if I had customer service experience, I honestly responded that I don't, that in fact I am used to being the customer because I was the purchasing manager where I'd worked. I also emphasized that as such, I was NEVER rude or nasty to any of my vendors because in the industry I worked (cosmetic) it was simply unacceptable. He tried quickly to say their customers weren't that bad, only getting angry when mistakes were made, but shortly thereafter he proceeded to call them nasty again.

All in all, I don't think he was impressed with me, and I can honestly say I was not impressed with him. I was told they're still interviewing and they'll let me know their decision. I'm praying God's will be done, one way or another. Just trusting in Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I have to be honest, I don't want you to get the job, but I honestly did pray for the Lord's will and that He would have His hand in the entire situation.

Arlene said...

To be honest, I don't want to get the job either, but I too pray God's will be done and not mine. It gives me peace to know He's in control.

Mrs. O said...

I prayed you don't get the job and have to work with your SIL. Never a good idea. I also prayed that God will have your SIL mind her own business and not meddle into your affairs. I can prayer for that, right? ;)

Arlene said...

LOL Yes, yes you can. God must love me alot to give me such a good sister. Muah!

l said...

if he talks about his customers like that...how does he talk about the people that work for/with him...I agree with the other commenters.
re: you really think Kylie looks like Jesse? You're the first person who has ever said that with the exception of me and my mother in law. LOL She is cute though, huh? LOL