Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is Another Change Coming?

I'm going on a job interview tomorrow.

My sister-in-law's company is looking for someone in customer service, and she gave them my resume. She called me today to go in for an interview tomorrow. This has me so confused, because quite frankly, it makes no sense.

From a work perspective, my resume has nothing regarding customer service. I was purchasing manager for 11 1/2 years, and administrative assistant/accounts payable clerk for 8 1/2 years. I haven't done customer service for over 20 years, and even then I didn't deal with the public. I can't imagine what on my resume would make them think to call me for an interview, other than my sister-in-law perhaps insisting.

But I'll go tomorrow afternoon, for 3 reasons. First, part of my unemployment benefits requirements is that I look for work while I'm collecting, and not reject any offer of employment. I have been applying, because I don't want to lie when I send in my claim every 2 weeks. I just haven't received any offers. If I don't go on this interview I feel like I can't answer honestly on my claim. So, for matters of integrity, I have to go.

Second, my husband's family can't understand that we could possibly manage on one income. Each time they see me they ask if I've started working yet. I have explained to them repeatedly that we are financially better than stable, but they don't seem to believe it possible. If I turn my sister-in-law down, she'll take it as something personal against her rather than what it truthfully is, I don't need to work right now. Rather than offend, I'll go.

The third, and most important reason, is because I want to know if this is from God. If the Lord means for me to go back to work, for whatever reason and whatever amount of time, then that's what I'll do, even if I don't understand. If He means for me to continue at home, then nothing will come of it and I'll be home again. He has been handling every aspect of my life, and working everything according to His will, so I have no reason to doubt His involvement in this latest situation. I'll be praying today and tomorrow for His guidance. If you have a chance, please pray for me too.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I will pray for you. I would hate to see you leave your son now, when you have been doing so much and making progress with him. I can't imagine ever having to leave my home again. I've been out there, and I prefer to be with my home as long as possible. I understand your thinking though. I'm so blessed...the plan was always that I would go to work either when we put the kids in school, or when they graduated from homeschool. Just last month, my husband said he didn't see any reason for me to EVER have to work. That thrills my soul. That means I can stay here and take care of him and my home and do volunteer work that the Lord would lead me to! Praying for you right now...