Monday, July 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 20, 2009...

Outside my window...is a typical South Florida morning. There's hazy sunshine, no breeze, tons of humidity, and a chance of showers in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to the fall when the humidity is less. Unfortunately the days will begin to get shorter, too.

I am thinking...of the things that need to get done today, only I don't have it organized in my mind and that stresses me. I'll have to get out the ole pen and paper.

I am thankful...for the 2 part video series we saw at church with Dave Ramsey giving Biblical advise for money management and financial freedom. I'm thankful because many of the things he said we're already doing, so that's confirmation from God that we're on the right track. Now to keep on implementing.

From the learning rooms...we're finishing up Henry Huggins and will start with one of the Cam Jansen books. She's a girl about 8 or 9 years old who does detective work with her camera. Think Nancy Drew but elementary school age.

I am going...to take my car to the dealer for an oil change.

I am hoping...the whole job thing goes away. I'm ready to do whatever God leads me to do, but I don't want to work yet. That's the honest truth.

From the kitchen...ham steaks baked in the oven with pineapple chunks.

I am wearing...okay, still sleeping attire, but I only just got up and was eager to do my daybook so I can organize my day. Monday morning daybooks get my thoughts in line for the week.

I am creating...nothing yet, but I'd like to get another page done in my daughter's scrapbook.

I am reading...Ezekiel for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, Passionate Housewives for personal study, Discerning the Voice of God for growth groups. I finished Pride and Prejudice this weekend (loved it) and need to go to the library for more books. I'm thinking Charles Dickens this time.

I am hearing...the clock ticking in the family room. Hubby's gone to work, and the kids are asleep. How much longer will I be able to enjoy the peace and quiet?

Around the house...two more loads of laundry to finish, family room floor needs cleaning, furniture in master bedroom needs dusting. I got the kitchen so clean on Saturday I almost don't want to use it anymore lol.

One of my favorite things...is cheese sandwiches. American cheese with mayo on white toast, cheese slightly melted in the toaster oven. Oh yeah! Reminds me of childhood.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow they're showing Hotel For Dogs at the movie theater (free), library, growth groups on Friday. Sunday is Baptism Celebration. I don't know how many are getting baptized, but I think it's quite alot. We'll have bounce houses for the kids and a concert by the youth band. We've never done this before (baptisms are usually held in the parks or the beaches) but I'm sure it'll be great.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...my pastor's wife Carey is expecting and due at the end of this month. Her blood pressure was high and the doctor thought she'd have to deliver early, but by the grace of God her blood pressure went down and she was sent home. Please pray that she continue healthy for her sake and the sake of their unborn son.

Wanna join in the fun? Peggy is on vacation, but you can visit Grandmother Wren and leave your link there. God bless and have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

LISA said...

Dave Ramsey...always sound advice.
That cheese toast, I had a freind in school that did this every afternoon. She added thousand island dressing to hers, yummy but too many calories.
About the job thing, rest in Him, serve Him and pour out your heart to Him...no matter the outcome, you will find joy and contentment.
Have a good week, I'll add that baby to my prayer list.

Michelle said...

I enjoyed my visit to your daybook. Your church baptism sounds great. Enjoy your week! :)

Kristi said...

We rented Hotel for dogs from Netflix, so we'll be watching it tonight or tomorrow night.

I like this post too. It also helps me get my mind going in the right dirrection for the week's plans. My most productive days are monday and tuesday and I think it's because of the posts I do on those days. Yay for blogging!

Grandmother Wren said...

We saw Hotel for Dogs at our library a couple of weeks ago -
I loved it! We're getting a puppy soon, so it was a great timing on the library's part.

I didn't know about the Cam Jansen books - they sound like something Maya would enjoy. We'll give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

The Man Crew said...

Excatly, I LOVE to do my daybook first thing in the morning, but THIS morning, my day jumpstarted super early as I sent hubby and oldest son out he door at 4:30 for a week of work out of town, then went back to bed until 7 when the kitty dumped a glass of water on my head...GOOOOOOOD Morning! :) I actualy had grilled cheese for lunch with split pea soup...yummy~ Your church baptistm sounds wonderful, what a great way to celebrate a soul coming to the Lord! Have a wonderful week and as for the job situation...remeber the funny words of Christian comedian Mark Lowry, "1 of 2 things is gonna getcha, Worry or cholesterol...cholesterol is al ot more fun!" I concur, so pray and then trust. (I know, easier said than done, but only easier whe practiced) I'll be praying for you!
Blessings,
Kristy