Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, July 27, 2009...

Outside my window...it was actually a little bit cooler than usual, probably because of all the rain we got this weekend. Not just rain either, loud thunderstorms. Everything is calm this morning though, so far.

I am thinking...about my prayer life, and what is lacking in it. Need more focus.

I am thankful...for yesterday's baptism celebration. One of the girls from our growth group and an ex-coworker of mine got baptized. I'm not typically a cryer, but I couldn't hold back the tears. Of joy, naturally.

From the learning rooms...my son is getting a little more into reading. It's still a bit of a struggle for him, but he's trying harder than before and looking for books that interest him. Always a good sign.

I am going...to go to the library possibly. I wanted to go to the water park but it's out of this week's budget. Other than that, nothing planned outdoors. It's been raining a lot lately.

I am hoping...our church's youth group reaches out to the children at His House, and learns to appreciate how blessed they are to have a home and parents who love them.

From the kitchen...baked chicken 'n stuffing.

I am wearing...my VBS t-shirt, jeans and sandals. Had to drop my daughter off at the church office this morning. She's one of the leaders for this week's missions trip.

I am creating...more time for reading.

I am reading...Ezekiel for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, finished Jane Eyre yesterday (loved it!), have about 2 chapters of Passionate Wives to read, and Discerning the Voice of God for growth groups. I rarely turn on the tv anymore, and when I do I find it totally boring and useless. Then I pick up a book again. God is weaning me off of television and I'm so thankful.

I am hearing...my fingernails on the keyboard, and the gurgling of the coffee maker. It's so peaceful and quiet. I love the quiet. City born, yet I could live in a quiet little town in the country and be forever content.

Around the house...I've got laundry to finish, and I really need to give my bedroom a good dusting.

One of my favorite things...is a good book. My eyes get tired more than they used to, but I still prefer reading than any other type of entertainment.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Firehouse Dog is showing at the free movies tomorrow, and of course we'll go to the library a couple times. We'll see what else the Lord has in store.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...our youth pastor chose something different this summer. Instead of camp, the youth are at His House, a home for displaced children (the kids call it an orphanage, and it could be considered one, though most of the children there have parents alive, just unable for various reasons to care for them. The children are awaiting foster or adoptive parents). Please pray for Pastor Mark as he ministers to these children about the love of Jesus, and for the youth of our church to learn compassion and gratitude. My daughter is one of the youth leaders; pray this experience will touch her heart for these children also.

Wanna join in the fun? Peggy is on vacation, but you can visit Grandmother Wren and leave your link there. God bless and have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Good morning, We had thunderstorms this weekend also. Area near us had a tornado. Praise God I have not heard of anyone hurt.
I like your title Accepting Change. This past year has been a hard lesson for my family in this area.

Katie said...

I like quiet too!! I live in the suburbs, bout would love to live our in the country.