Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 19, 2009...

Outside my window...it's a cool night. Temps took a dip this weekend, and the last two mornings have been in the 60's. NOW it feels like fall.

I am thinking...about having been picked for a jury, and having to go back tomorrow for the second part of the trial.

I am thankful...that we have the judicial system we have in this country. I admit I don't like to have to serve on a jury, but I recognize it's the best system in the world.

I am wearing...a navy blue button down blouse, grey pinstripe slacks (because the courtrooms are so cold), and black and white flats (for comfort).

I am remembering...all the laundry I still have to fold, and the ironing I have to get to before I hit the sack.

I am creating...nothing. I'm too tired to create right now.

I am reading...Acts for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, and I started a Francine Rivers' book but I forgot the title. Edge of something.

I am hoping...the case I'm on gets finished up early tomorrow. I'm way behind on stuff to do at home.

On my mind...getting a good night's sleep.

From the learning rooms...today was a teacher's planning day. That really bummed me out, because E had a day off from school and I spent most of it in a boring courtroom. He spent it at grandma's with his cousin, so he's not upset. I missed him, though.

I am noticing that...I don't have the same energy I used to. Jury duty is not manual labor, yet I'm totally exhausted.

I am pondering these words..."Savior, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave."

From the kitchen...E and I had Burger King. Daddy is working late and R is at his buddies house. Thankfully I didn't have to worry about dinner today.

Around the house...I don't even want to think about it. Three loads of laundry to put away.

One of my favorite things...is coming home after a long day. This is the most comfortable place in the universe.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish up (hopefully) jury duty tomorrow, Awana and Bible study on Wednesday, Cub Scouts on Thursday, and growth groups on Friday.

From my picture journal...I'm just too tired to even post a picture. I'll get something up during the week.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I hope all went well today and your wordrobe kept you warm enough!