Friday, October 9, 2009

The Week in Review

Whoever came up the title "Stay at Home Mom"? Monday was my only stay at home day this week, and that because the satellite technician was coming over to make the connection on the new HDTV. As I'd suspected, the old tv was beyond repair. My hubby was surprised, but I told him they don't make those huge tv's anymore so no one's interested in making spare parts for them. I think my hubby is glad, though. His sports shows are so crystal clear now it's better than being at the baseball stadium. He's in sports heaven.

Tuesday I tackled the family room and moved furniture around. I find it feels more open and airy now, which we need because outside it is hot and stifling. We have a heat wave coming through (the weather lady calls it a warm front. Yeah, right!) and the temps have been in the lower 90's. If that weren't bad enough, because of the humidity it feels like it's in the 100's. I could set some batter outside and bake a cake on my porch. Yeah, that hot. After school I took Simba, uh I mean my youngest son, for a much needed haircut. His mane grows so fast, just like his mom :-). Afterwards we went to return some books to the library and I met my friend and her son there. RJ and E are best buddies. My friend was trying to find a place for her son to do his homework without any distractions, and I show up with my son. Sorry! We didn't stay long, because E had his own homework to do, and he was getting hungry.

Wednesday I took E to the doctor for a full physical. I was concerned because his constipation problem is happening a little too frequently. The doctor was so amused by my young chatterbox; he talked and talked about aches and pains like a little old man. The doctor assured me he's doing fine and gave me suggestions for his constipation and getting him to eat more variety. My son is a carnivore. Hates veggies, fruits, nuts. Only wants meat. Oh well, he is his father's son. Wednesday night he had Awana, and E got his Discovery 1 sticker for his pin. He was so happy! Memorization is hard for E because of the dyslexia, so I was very proud of him for sticking with it and trying his best. We had an awesome Bible study and prayer time too. A really wonderful evening.

Thursdays we go to E's Cub Scout meeting. They're currently learning to tie knots, and E is working on getting his Bobcat badge. He has to learn the Cub Scout oath, motto, what a promise is and why it's important to keep your word, what honesty is, and what it means to do your duty to God and country. That's what I like about the Cub Scouts. It's not just about fun activities, it's also about teaching morals and values. Few kids clubs do that nowadays.

Tonight is our women's small group meeting, and we'll be reviewing the first 8 chapters of Proverbs with a study called "Wisdom verses Folly". I'm excited about doing this study, and hopefully will post something on it tomorrow. Gotta go grocery shopping now, though. I don't feel like going to my local Walmart and searching for stuff in the moving mess, but it must be done.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Good luck making it throught Walmart! It used to be my favorite store, and now I dread going there. Your's is still in the process of remodeling too, aren't they? My mother says she avoids her Walmart like the plague! With her M.S. it is really hard to walk that much with that many people.

I tried to do a week in review post today. I didn't have anything else I could think of. It was fun trying to remeber what happend that many days ago!

Mrs. O said...

He really does need to eat more veggies. There has to be some kind of compromise you can make with him. I've retrained my taste buds to eat veggies I would never have thought I would eat. It's in his best interest, with vitamins, minerals and a healthy weight that all comes from veggies and fruits ... ah, I wish we had listened to mom when we were young. ;)