Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 1, 2010...

Outside my window...it's cold again! What's going on?! I don't recall such a cold winter here in Florida. It was in the mid 40's this morning, and the weatherman says we can expect the same for the rest of the week. I can't wait till we get real springtime weather again. Of course I shouldn't complain; at least there's no snow to shovel.

I am thinking...of how God has blessed me with yet another unemployment compensation extension. Once again I did not apply for this extension nor did I request it. It just came. God is so generous!

I am thankful...for the life I have in Christ. Life in this world isn't perfect, but the hope I have in Him makes it so much more worthwhile.

I am going...to be returning a bunch of stuff we bought for the floors that didn't get used, and grocery shopping in a little while.

I am wearing...a NYC t-shirt, light blue capris and white flip flops. It's cold outside, but comfortable inside.

I am remembering...all the hard work we did on Friday and Saturday. It's nice to see the fruits of our labors.

I am creating...nothing today. My creativity is taking a rest.

I am reading...1 Samuel for morning devotions, still studying Having a Mary Spirit for my quiet time.

I am hoping...to have the house back in order before my daughter comes home for spring break this weekend.

On my mind...my hubby who is in Central Florida again for the next couple of days. This time he took his parents with him; he was the only one from his company traveling and had a big room all to himself, so he decided to take his mom and dad for a short vacation. I'm sure they'll enjoy that.

From the learning rooms...no school today, it's a teacher's planning day.

I am noticing...how much we've done to this house in the almost 10 years we've lived here. It was brand-spanking new when we moved in, yet we've done projects in all the rooms and outside too.

I am pondering these words..."Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." - Colossians 3:12-13. As our pastor said yesterday, if you want to marry the right person, you have to BE the right person.

From the kitchen today...ground beef and rice, my son's favorite.

Around the house...I did almost all the laundry yesterday (yay!), all I have left to do is bedding. The house is pretty clean but the baseboards need to be finished so I can clean up the bedrooms.

One of my favorite things...being home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting this house in order! I hate clutter.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Well, I'm a day behind, but I'm here! I don't know what is up with this weather?! It's snowing here again this morning! I'm not going to complain, it's beautiful to look at as I lay here, but I want spring! I want to sit on my porch and drink my morning coffee, or juice. I gave up on that months ago! Last winter I was still able to go out most mornings...it's just been really cold this winter. I do wish you and E could come enjoy this snow...just for a day!

I hope you got all your errands done yesterday and will have a wonderful day today!