Monday, March 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 15, 2010...

Outside my window...I first thought it was going to be cloudy again. Then I remembered daylight savings time ended and we were up an hour earlier. The sun is out, the breezy is cool but the day is warm. It's 60 degrees and gorgeous in South Florida.

I am thinking...of my oldest son's new school schedule and my husband's diet. That's how I'll figure out this week's menu.

I am thankful...that my daughter arrived safely back to school, and that she was here for the week.

I am going...to start cleaning up the front of the house and planting this week, now that the weather is nicer.

I am wearing...a red t-shirt my daughter gave me, brown and white shorts, and sandals. It's cleaning day; no need to get too dressed up.

I am remembering...my niece when she was just a baby. She turns 15 today. Where has the time gone?

I am currently...restaining the kitchen barstools. I did the first one but I don't like how parts of it came out; too streaky. I couldn't work on it because we had so much rain, but hopefully today will be a better day. I need to sand and restain some areas.

I am reading...1 Kings for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, Having a Mary Spirit for personal study, and just finished reading the Duggar book 20 And Counting. Again. I love their story. It's very encouraging.

I am hoping...to get that haircut this week. My ends are very dry and I don't want them to start splitting.

On my mind...home projects and spring cleaning.

From the learning rooms...the teachers start taking it easy once the FCAT exams are done. E and I have been reading the "My Weird School" series which we found at the library. Hilarious.

I am noticing...how much neater the boy's room is now that R and I purchased some shelves to put books, DVD's and other stuff on. I love neatness.

I am pondering these words..."Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." - Psalm 37:5.

From the kitchen today...chicken of some sort. I need to find recipes that my hubby will like and are approved for his low fat diet.

Around the house...most of the dust from the flooring project has settled, so alot of dusting needs to be done. Thankfully my youngest son loves cleaning with the Swiffer sweeper, so my floors look great!

One of my favorite things...this daybook.

A few plans for the rest of the week...the Cub Scouts will be visiting the local Coast Guard base. That will be a great learning experience! That's for Thursday; we have Awana on Wednesday, plus a run to the library to return books and get new ones. Oh, and that haircut...

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I do hope you have a wonderful week. Hopefully the sun will come out, and there won't be too much humidity so you can work on those stools.

I can't wait to get out and work on the front yard! I won't have much money to work with, but I think I can do some cheap things that will really make a difference. I'm really looking forward to it! My front deck looks horrible. It was so cold this winter, that a lot of things got neglected out there. To think I was raised in Colorado...I don't think I'd make it through a winter there anymore!

I have the South Beach Diet family cookbook, and it's got a lot of good low fat, low carbohydrate recipes in it. If you can afford one, it would probably be worth it to you. You can find them pretty cheap on eBay, and they have them at Amazon.com too. Some Walmarts carry it, and of course local bookstores.