Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 8, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is shining bright, and it's about 59 degrees, the warmest it's been in the last few weeks. Normally this time of year, it's in the upper 60's in the morning, so we're still below average. Thankfully we seem to be inching our way up the thermometer.

I am thinking...of what I'm gonna do next. After this post, I mean.

I am thankful...for my family being all together. It's spring break, so my daughter is back home. Yay!

I am going...to take my daughter to the eye doctor. She's complaining that her glasses aren't doing the trick anymore.

I am wearing...a burgundy blouse, jeans, and red flats.

I am remembering...the dark corridors of my high school. I didn't realize then how dreary it looked. I see the high school in my neighborhood now and it's so bright and cheery. What a difference!

I am creating...nothing right now. Creativity is on break.

I am reading...2 Samuel for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, and Having a Mary Spirit for personal study.

I am hoping...to get my hair trimmed soon. It's pretty shapeless right now.

On my mind...my sister, who is starting her new career today: homemaker.

From the learning rooms...FCAT exams are this week. Trying to keep my son from stressing.

I am noticing...that staying up after 11:00pm is just not an option anymore.

I am pondering these words..."Sometimes, you have to forgo doing what is popular in order to do what's right." - Mo'Nique, in her Oscar acceptance speech. What profound words.

From the kitchen today...meatloaf. One of my family's favorites.

Around the house...need to attack the laundry again. For the most part everything is in order.
One of my favorite things...warm sunny days.

A few plans for the rest of the week...probably gonna run around with my daughter getting things done before she goes back to school on Saturday.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

How wonderful to have everyone together! I know it will make for a GREAT week for you!

Having a Mary Spirit...that's the other book I started a couple months ago, and I'd really like to finish it. What few chapters I read, were really a blessing to me.

YAY for your sister! I still remember my first day, almost 8 years ago now. The first year was great, the next two I kept contiplating going back to work, but didn't. After that, I've enjoyed every morning that I wake up and take care of my home, and family. I am so thankful that God gives me that opportunity and that's exactly how I start my prayers each morning!

I stayed up until after midnight lastnight, and it has to STOP! I got up waaaay to late this morning! So I'm deffinately with you on the no later than 11:00 thing.

Mrs. O said...

HOUSEwife, not homemaker. Of course, if you want to make my title be exactly what I'll be doing, it would probably be Cleaningcookingwife! LOL

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed a stop by your blog today. GReat answers and do enjoy that daughter! Those days are gone so quickly! Mine will be here this week-end with her family and I can hardly wait! Blessings for a great week!