Monday, March 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 22, 2010...

Outside my window...spring showers are beginning. Or at least I hope they are. It's very muggy out. The weatherman says this is a day of rain followed by another cold front. I really want it to be springtime already.

I am thinking...of all the things I'd like to accomplish before my sister and brother-in-law's arrival on Saturday.

I am thankful for...Swiffer sweepers. And the fact that my youngest son enjoys using the Swiffer sweeper as though cleaning were some kind of fun game. Wanna play! ;-)

I am going...to Walmart and Costco to do some grocery shopping, and Home Depot for a rake and some plants for the front yard. I think the weather is finally taking a turn and I can plant some goodies.

I am wearing...a Florida Marlins t-shirt, pink shorts and sandals. Just house cleaning clothes till I leave for the store.

I am remembering...Sherlock Holmes mysteries (see I am reading below).

I am currently...thinking of some blog entries. I need to get some stuff written down that's floating around in my head.

I am reading...1 Kings for morning devotions (almost finished) and Having a Mary Spirit for personal study. I also found a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories at the library that I'm reading. I used to read Sherlock Holmes mysteries when I was in high school, and I totally loved them. I'm enjoying reading them again.

I am hoping...I can get some nice plants for the front yard. We pulled out so much dead stuff this past week. Most of our plants couldn't survive the weather this winter and just withered. Time for replenishing.

On my mind...the front and back yards. Mostly the front yard right now.

From the learning rooms...it's spirit week at E's school. Today he was supposed to dress in something from the past, but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully we'll be more successful the rest of the week.

I am noticing...the chairs in my back porch have been scratched by the neighborhood cats that get into my yard. No money to replace them right now. I'll have to figure out what to do.

I am pondering these words..."You're the best mommy in the world." Doesn't every mommy enjoy savoring those words?

From the kitchen today...easy chicken and stuffing in the crock pot. Fast, easy, and yummy.

Around the house...I'm keeping up with everything which is good.

One of my favorite things...is pretty spring flowers.

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting the house ready for a long awaited visit from my sister and brother-in-law. My youngest son is SOOO excited! So are the rest of us. Oh, and that haircut I was hoping to get last week? Not happened yet. This week, for sure.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

lisa said...

My youngest enjoys cleaning too. I'm savoring every moment!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by your blog today. Sounds like you have a fun week ahead, it's always fun visiting with family. Happy Spring and blessings to you!

Hen Jen said...

enjoy your spring showers! I wish we got a bit more rain where I live..but just a bit...!