Saturday, June 5, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, June 5, 2010...

I am seeing...the sunshine streaming through the windows, as it has every morning this week. The ground is wet because it rains every afternoon. It's the only sign that it's still spring; the weather has been so hot it feels like the dead of summer.

I am feeling...tired today, and I have a million things to do: grocery shopping that didn't get done yesterday because my car seemed to be leaking water (it wasn't, praise God), a birthday pool party that E was invited to, and I still have to do my hair and take E for a haircut. Ugh. It's one of those days I'd rather just stay home.

I am hearing...the coffee-maker gurgling, the ceiling fan whirring, a bedroom door creaking as my daughter gets up, cartoons on tv, you know, normal household sounds.

I am tasting...my morning coffee, along with a fried egg, one sausage link, and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. Hopefully this will give me some energy this morning.

I am smelling...humidity in the air. Chances are, we'll get rain yet again. That's okay. I haven't had to water the plants in a week :-)

It only takes a few minutes to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: