Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 22, 2010...

Outside my window...it's breezy, but the breeze is very warm. The clouds are puffy white and the sky is baby blue. It's a mighty pretty day.

I am thinking...about my sister-in-law. She'd gotten me an interview where she works some months ago but nothing came of it. Now the company is closing, and she's the one looking for work. I hope she can find something soon.

I am thankful...that God keeps His promises, and has provided for my family with just one salary.

I am going...to Lowe's for more spray paint. I'm painting the patio furniture.

I am wearing...a grey Calvary t-shirt, brown and white shorts, and socks. I've got cleaning to do and so casual is the word for today.

I am remembering...my niece when she was a cute, chubby little baby. She turned 16 yesterday. Where has the time gone?

I am currently...painting the patio furniture a chocolate brown. It's old furniture (9 years old to be exact) but the frames are good, just looking the worse for wear. A coat of paint and they'll be just like new.

I am reading...Isaiah for morning devotions, finishing chapter 14 of Having a Mary Spirit, and I'll be starting a novel by Marybeth Whalen called The Mailbox. Hope to review it once I'm done.

I am waiting...well, I was waiting yesterday for my hubby's Father's Day gift to come in the mail. It arrived: the soundtrack to the movie Cellular. For some reason, whenever I order gifts online they arrive the day after the event. :P.

On my mind...a fly infestation in our backyard. I told hubby it was probably because of the coconuts, but he wouldn't believe it. My m-i-l verified it this weekend. Those old coconuts will have to come down.

From the learning rooms...E is taking a break. He's staying at Grandma's house another night. I have books for us to read but they'll wait till he gets home. R started summer classes on Thursday, and A starts next Monday. Hopefully by taking summer courses they can finish on time.

I am pondering these words..."Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." - Ephesians 4:29.

From the kitchen today...rice and ground beef. Or maybe tacos. Yeah, I love tacos.

Around the house...I got so much done yesterday! Cleaned both bathrooms, dining room, family room (dusted, vacuumed furniture, moved furniture and cleaned underneath, I mean the works), did a load of laundry, and started spray painting the patio chairs. Today I'll continue with laundry, clean the living room, and get some more spray painting done. I'm on a roll!

One of my favorite things...is refurbishing old stuff to save money.

A few plans for the rest of the week...free movies have started at our local movie theater, so E and I will probably go tomorrow or Thursday. A trip to the library today, and of course patio furniture painting.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...can you tell the difference? Of course you can! I'm not done painting, this is just the first couple of coats and I need to get the chair legs completely painted, but the chair looks so much better! Can't wait to see the finished result!


Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love tacos too..one of my favorite meals. The chairs are looking great! I hope you are pleased with the finished result.

Congrats on the great day yesterday! Do some laundry for me too, okay?!