Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


Yesterday was the last day of school for my youngest son E. School has been a struggle for him for years because of his dyslexia. That's why I'm so thankful this morning. Not because of his learning disorder or his struggles, but because of the certificate he brought home. "Most Improved". He tried his hardest this year, and his teacher was able to appreciate it. It's always a good feeling when our efforts are recognized, and he was so excited! I'm thankful that this year I was home and able to help my son with his reading and writing. Although he's done with the school year, we actually don't know if he passed, since the FCAT scores are not in yet. Still, I'm thankful for the improvements my son has made. It's such a great feeling to pray for something, and see God's hand in our children's lives as He gives us our desires!

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
- Psalm 136:1

Thankful Thursdays is hosted this month by Iris at Grace Alone. Have a blessed rest of your week.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats to your dear son, and may God continue to bless him.

Sandy said...

As a Special Ed. teacher, I loved this post. Thank you so much for sharing!

Daughter of the KING said...

Praising God with you...

Kristi said...

Oh, Arlene I'm crying! I watched my brother go through the hardest struggles with his severe dyslexia. Teachers could make or break his year, and his spirits. How wonderful for E to achieve this! I can't stop crying. Praise God! I wish I had an award for that teacher as well!

With God's help, my brother miraculously graduated highschool and has learned a trade that pays him very well today! (Of course his hard work and determination were a must!)

Arlene said...

Thanks everyone! I think his teachers should get awarded as well. My son's 3rd grade teachers made it seem as though he wasn't trying hard enough and was slacking. This year his teachers spoke to me, understood the situation, and worked with him. God blessed us with wonderful teachers, and I pray His continued blessing on them both.

A Joyful Chaos said...

So great that your son had good teachers. So happy for you and him about his certificate that he received.

Blessings.