Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

“Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

- Deuteronomy 11:18-19



Today, and everyday this week, I'm thankful for VBS! We had 46 children accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior - how awesome!! Many of these children come from a local orphanage, some are awaiting adoption, others are hoping to be placed in foster homes, still others are in the middle of parental custody battles and are staying at the facility until the judge decides what their fate is. Think of how scary the uncertainty of the future must be for these children. I can only imagine what a comfort it must be to many of them to know Jesus loves them no matter what the circumstances are in their lives! It's the responsibility of every parent to teach their children, but when their is no parent, or the parent is unable to guide and instruct their children, what happens? Do they no longer need Jesus? On the contrary, these precious souls need Jesus desperately! God calls us to tell these, His children, about salvation, and I'm so thankful for ministries that reach out to those who can't visit a church on their own. May the Lord bless each and every one of these little ones, and may we be a blessing to them as well!


Thankful Thursdays is hosted this month by Iris at Grace Alone. Have a blessed and thankful day.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How absolutely wonderful Arlene! It makes me tear up just thinking about them. I'm so thankful as well, that the Lord lead them to your VBS and saved their souls! I wish I could adopt them all...I would if I could. I've often dreamed about running an orphanage when my children are grown. I just want to do all I can to help those precious children who don't have what I did, and what my children do.

Denise said...

46, praise God for these precious saved souls. God is so amazing.