Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


Today I'm thankful for summer. Monday was the first official day of summer, though it has been summertime in South Florida for over a month now. It gets hot, humid, sometimes there's no breeze, sometimes it's sweltering, but I'm still thankful for the summer. Thankful that my son is off from school so we can do fun things together. Thankful for the warm sun on my face as I walk in the park, or on my back as I pull weeds from my front yard. Thankful for outdoor activities, such as the beach, the pool, picnics, or just splashing on the waterslide in the backyard. Every season is special, and summer is no exception. Rather than complain about the heat, I say look at the positive, and be thankful you're alive to enjoy the summer.
Thankful Thursdays is hosted this month by Iris at Grace Alone. Have a blessed day.

No comments: