Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, May 1, 2012...

Outside my window...the rains have calmed down and there's a cool breeze blowing in.  I hope this weather lasts.

I am thinking...of my trip tomorrow to see my older kids, and my daughter's graduation.

I am thankful...that my little girl is graduating from college on time, with excellent grades, and will be coming back home.

I am going...to finish last minute packing in the morning.  There's too many things that need to be used in the morning before they can be packed.

I am wearing...a blue paisley top, jean capri's and white flip-flops.  It's 78 degrees, partly cloudy and breezy out.

I am noticing...less humidity now that the rain has subsided.  Which is good, because no one likes bad hair days!

In the kitchen...we had leftover soup.  It was so dark and dreary yesterday with all the rain, I made a pot of chicken soup.  We had some today, because everyone knows soup tastes even better the next day!

I am reading...same as last week:  Genesis with my son (we read chapter 13 this morning), A Love That Multiplies, and In Search of Christian Freedom.

I am hoping...we don't have to deal with rain tomorrow while I drive up to Central Florida.

I am wondering...is it really May already?!  I just got used to the month of April and it's already over!

I am looking forward to...spending time with my kids, and watching my daughter receive her diploma.

Around the house...I've packed all the clothes and dog food, bathed Molly and cleaned her bedding, charged the camera battery, packed the portable DVD player and some movies for my son to watch, and now all I have to do is pack last minute items tomorrow morning.

I am pondering these words..."At the close of life the question will be not, how much you have got, but how much you have given; not how much you have won, but how much you have done; not how much you have saved, but how much you have sacrificed; how much you have loved and served, not how much you were honored." ~~Nathan C. Schaeffer~~

One of my favorite things...is being with my children.  I'm really looking forward to having them with me.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we drive up to Central Florida tomorrow after school, graduation is Thursday morning, and we will be staying with the older kids till Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

5 comments:

Fresh Juniper said...

Very nice Daybook. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation. What an accomplishment! You must be very proud of her. I hope you have good weather for your trip. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Happy May Day and God bless.

Love Bears All Things said...

Have a safe trip....and thanks for mentioning camera batteries, I need to charge mine before Friday.
Mama Bear

The Man Crew said...

Enjoy your trip! My daughter in love graduated from college this past weekend, and sadly, we could not attend. Thanks for sharing your daybook with us all!
Blessings, Kristy

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I'm so happy for your daughter! Please drive carefully and return home safely... :0)

I love paisley . . . and white flip flops!

The quote was just what I needed to hear, it made me smile.

Hugs,
Barb

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings