Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, May 30, 2012...

Outside my window...is another deceiving morning.  Deceiving because it's sunny and bright out, but like everyday for the past few weeks it'll get rainy before the day is through.  We've gotten lots and lots of rain, making the grass and trees very happy.

I am thinking...in a couple of days it'll be the official start of hurricane season, yet we've already had 2 named storms.  Looks like it's gonna be a busy storm season.

I am thankful for...my family, my church, my Bible, and summer vacation.

I am going...to make lunch once I finish this post.

I am wearing...a mint green top, blue skirt, and flip-flops.  It's gonna get up to 89 degrees today.

I am hoping...the sonogram I'm having done this Friday doesn't cost too much.  Thanks to a high deductible it's gonna be out-of-pocket.  Turns out I have gallstones.  Doctor wants to check them out.

In the kitchen...it'll be tilapia today.  We had tacos yesterday, and baby back ribs on Monday that were incredibly delicious.

I am reading...In Search of Christian Freedom, still.  It's a pretty big book and I'm making notes and highlighting a lot as I go.

I am noticing...lots of butterflies lately.  We get the orange and black ones and the yellow and black ones.  They are so pretty!

I am wondering...if Chipotle will call my daughter this week.  She went for an interview yesterday.

I am looking forward to...my cousin's little boy's first birthday party this Saturday.

Around the house...I'm still having to vacuum everyday thanks to Molly's shedding.  I also have to clean the floors regularly because she's such a heavy drooler, especially after our morning walks.

I am pondering these words..."Difficulties are God's errands; and when we are sent upon them, we should esteem it a proof of God's confidence." - Henry Ward Beecher.

One of my favorite things...is seeing puffy white clouds in a blue sky.  God is truly an artist.

A few plans for the rest of the week...sonogram on Friday, birthday party on Saturday, church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: