Monday, March 11, 2013

Move It Mondays

Happy Monday!  It's a cloudy day here in South Florida, cool and just a bit humid.  The weather has been really dry lately which is unusual for us, but we're happy for the break.  Rain is in the forecast for this week, something the lawn is looking forward to.

As of today my income tax return hasn't arrived.  I was getting bummed because my oldest son's birthday is on the 27th of this month, and I was really wanting to get him a collector's edition of the Nintendo 3DS he's been wanting.  Come to find out this morning he bought it for himself!  Ugh, now I have to figure out what else to get him!  Don't you just hate when that happens? :/

My daughter is doing much better this morning.  After the surgery she could barely open her mouth to drink a smoothie; yesterday she was able to eat some macaroni and cheese.  It's still hard for her, since she can't bite down yet and the swelling is still going down, but we're seeing improvements daily.  She attended church yesterday though she couldn't lead the children in worship.  She's at the church office today, puffy cheeks and all, and it's wonderful to see her on the mend.

My youngest son got an interesting topic for his language arts class:  make up a mythological god, complete with drawing and characteristics.  His first choice was Earth, The God of Idiots.  I thought it was pretty funny, till I remembered I live here :P.  We tossed around ideas, and he came up with a really good one:  Money, God of Greed.  The report will show how detrimental it is to worship the god Money, how it turns human beings into selfish, self-centered creatures, and how easily it leaves those who are so devoted to it.  I'm super excited to help him with this project!

I got up early this morning - too early, since this weekend marked the end of Daylight Savings Time (or is it the beginning?  I never get that right).  It wasn't too bad, though.  I found I never got used to the time change back in October or November, whenever that was, and I was awake at 5am most days just tossing and turning in bed.  It wasn't the same for my son E.  He hated having to get up so early!  After dropping him off at school, I came home and vacuumed up mega amounts of dog hair, dusted, and brought out my little popsicle stick cross that my son made when he was 5 years old.  It holds special meaning, especially because he made it for Easter back in 2005.  I'm thinking of starting my spring decorating this week.  It would be a little earlier than usual; I like decorating for spring on the first day of spring.  However, the church my daughter interns at has asked that I come by next week and help prepare some gift packages for the children for Easter Sunday, and I can't resist.  I'll be too busy next week, so decorating starts now.

For lunch today, it's chicken pot pie.  If I chop up the chicken small enough my daughter should be able to eat it, otherwise she can have just the veggies and pie crust.  She's willing to eat anything that isn't pudding, gelatin, or mashed potatoes.  Add a salad to the mix and I've got a quick, easy and healthy meal.

I've got a hair appointment for tomorrow (much needed - my ends are toast), my daughter's follow-up visit at the dentist's on Wednesday, and our church is doing a production on Saturday called The Story - The Musical.  We got a preview yesterday and it looks amazing!  It's a reminder of Jesus's story and how it has changed history.  We're really looking forward to it.

Hope y'all have a blessed and fun week too.  This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24)

No comments: