Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, May 8, 2013...

Outside my window...the sun has set, and another day is almost done.

I am thinking...about the future.  It's in God's hands, but I find myself wondering what He's gonna do next.

I am thankful...for my children and the relationship they have with each other.

I am going...to sleep soon.  It's getting late.

I am wearing...my pj's.

I am noticing...how much harder it is to bring my weight down now that I'm getting older.  I don't like that.

In the kitchen...I kept it simple:  breakfast for lunch, and pasta with shrimp for dinner.  I spent the morning washing cars so I was tired.

I am reading...my Bible and a couple of devotions.  I haven't picked up a book in awhile.

I am hoping...I can still get tickets to the Mother/Daughter luncheon for this Saturday.  I hadn't bought the tickets before because I didn't know if my daughter would have to work.  She does, but she doesn't have to go in till 4pm and the luncheon ends at 3.

I am looking forward to...Mother's Day and a little pampering ;-)

I am hearing...the television.  Hoarding: Buried Alive is on.

Around the house...the kitchen faucet is not working.  It leaks under the sink, and now it won't shut off properly unless I press down hard on it.  I'll have to get it replaced.

A favorite quote of the day..."The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver." - Psalm 119:72.

One of my favorite things...friendships with special women who love the Lord.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a trip to Home Depot to get a new faucet; Mother/Daughter luncheon on Saturday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: