Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, May 28, 2013...

Outside my window...the clouds seem to indicate more rain is on the way.  It didn't rain nearly as much as the weatherman had originally said it would, but the day isn't over yet.

I am thinking...my son may not have field day this year.  It looks like we'll be getting rain daily.

I am thankful...for the rain, for the sunshine, for how pretty my flowers look thanks to both.

I am going...to take a shower soon.

I am wearing...a black top, black and white skirt, and black sandals.  With temps in the 80's it's necessary to dress light.

I am noticing...our dog Molly is eating less lately.  She still has lots of energy so I don't think she's sick.

In the kitchen...we had Cuban style steak sandwiches.  They were sooo good!

I am reading...I started reading Composing Amelia by Alison Strobel, but I haven't picked it up in days.  I need to make time to read.

I am hoping...to find plenty of fun and cheap things to do this summer with my son.

I am looking forward to...the school year ending.  Last day of school is June 7.

I am hearing...the television rambling and my son's occasional questions.

Around the house...I got plenty done yesterday and Saturday so I was able to take it easy today.  Good thing - rainy cloudy days make me feel lazy ;-)

A favorite quote of the day..."The problem with close-minded people is that their mouth is always open." - Unknown

One of my favorite things...not having to go anywhere on rainy days.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we had Awana awards last night so I may just go to our youth group this week.  They have study time along with massages and free manicures.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: