Monday, May 20, 2013

Move It Mondays

Wow, I've really let this blog go!  I hate to admit it, but some days I just don't have anything new or particularly interesting to write about.  Life is busy and there's much to do, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary so I don't stop to blog about it.

For instance, I've been barbecuing more often now though today was definitely not a day to be outdoors.  It turned dark at about 11:00am but it didn't start raining until after 1:30pm.  I did my grocery shopping this morning and picked up some flowers for my backyard planters.  I'd planted petunias in the large brick planter but heavy rains destroyed them.  I planted vincas instead.


The white ones on either corner were already there, I just planted the ones in the center where the petunias once resided.

I also bought this torenia because the color fascinated me.  It's called Midnight Blue.


I think it's more of a deep purple, but either way it's stunning.

You might notice in the pictures that everything is wet.  Once the rain started, it meant to stick around.  It's now past 6pm and the rain is still falling.  Thankfully it isn't raining terribly hard.  It's just non-stop.

Our pastor is doing an amazing series called Momentum.  This Sunday he talked about what to do when the desires of our hearts are not fulfilled.  It has me thinking a lot about how things don't always turn out the way I expected.  It's not that God isn't listening, it's that His will is different from mine.  I have to find out what His will for my life is.  I'm gonna be praying about that.

We went bowling on Saturday.  Our local bowling alley has a really great deal:  $34.99 gets us 2 games per day for up to 4 people all summer long till September 2.  What's really nice is that it doesn't include my youngest son because he gets the games for free anyway!  Kids 15 and under can sign up for their Kids Summer Fun deal, 2 games per day for free.  I hope we can go at least a couple of times per week so we can be ready when my sister and brother-in-law come to visit.  My brother-in-law is a great bowler, so we have to be in tip top condition come December.  I printed off the free movie schedule from our local movie theater as well.  I try to find as many free or low cost entertainment for the summer as I possibly can so my son doesn't have to complain about not having anything to do.

The last day of school is June 6.  My son has field day this Thursday, so although he's in school he won't be going to any of his classes.  Next Monday is Memorial Day which means no school as well.  So officially he now has 11 days of school left.  There are no words to describe how happy he is that the year is almost over - he is ready for a vacation!

Speaking of endings, this Wednesday is our last day of Awana - awards night.  I'll be saying goodbye to my sweet third grade girls who will be moving up.  It's a joy to serve at Awana and see how God's word starts to penetrate into their little hearts.  Kids are kids for a very short time - use that time wisely!

Hmm, I guess I did have plenty to write about after all!  Have a wonderful week everybody!  God bless.

No comments: