Saturday, March 13, 2021

Another Update - We Are Clear To Close!

We're one step closer to the home sale finish line! It has been a crazy busy week, but God has gone above and beyond everything I could have even imagined. He is so good, y'all!

On Wednesday we finished loading the first Pod container. Whenever they called to let me know they'd be picking it up the next day, I asked about the second Pod. The woman looked it up, then said, "You ordered an 8' Pod, but we don't have any available. We'll have to give you a 16' Pod and charge you for the 8' one instead." I was floored. I had ordered an 8' Pod because a 16' was more expensive and I wanted to save some money. To do this, I had planned to sell a few furniture pieces that wouldn't have fit in the smaller container. I listed three items on OfferUp: my futon, a nightstand, and a media cabinet. None of them sold. I got offers, but even after I accepted them no one showed up. I was then going to donate them to the church. I asked for someone to contact me; no one did. So whenever the Pod company said they were giving me a larger container for the price of a smaller one, I knew I'd be able to take everything with me and still have room to spare. My realtor was so happy for me! She kept telling me not to get rid of anything, to figure out a way to take it so I wouldn't have to buy anything whenever we got to the new house. Now it was possible! 

Thursday we got the second container, and my son and I got to work. We loaded everything we could on our own, leaving only four larger pieces of heavy furniture: his desk (which is a corner desk so it comes in two pieces), my chest of drawers and the media cabinet. I called several people to see who could help us get the last items into the Pod but I couldn't find anyone. Meanwhile the buyer was at my house with an interior designer/contractor. He has plans to remove the wall dividing the kitchen from the dining room. It was something I would have done if I'd remodeled the place, but I imagine the previous owner didn't have the money to do a major remodel so she just changed out the cabinets and put in new appliances. This gentleman is going all out, and I'm sure the unit will look beautiful once he's done. It meant one thing for me: I didn't have to do a deep cleaning of the empty house, since construction will begin right after closing and before he even moves in. Less work for me!

Friday I went to vacuum, spot mop and do some light cleaning. The balcony was still being worked on and I'm so thankful. We all agree the balcony looked 100 times better with the tiles but there's nothing we can do. The buyer is very understanding. I texted the young man who'd helped us load the first container and asked if he was available to help with just these four pieces. E and I would do the rest. It was a last ditch effort, otherwise my son-in-law said he would help, but he wasn't feeling well. He'd eaten something that hadn't agreed with him and he spent the night tossing his cookies. Thankfully our church volunteer said he could come by just to help carry the items down but then he'd have to leave for an appointment. I was so extremely grateful! I told him if he helped carry everything down we'd take care of the rest. 

It was all completed in about half an hour. The house is empty, the Pod is filled, and that afternoon my realtor called to tell me we are clear to close Monday morning! Hallelujah, thank You Jesus! Yes it's been a lot of work, yes my body is still sore from all the moving and cleaning, but my heart is happy knowing my God has been beside me the whole time, and He's still with me now. Praise Him through Whom all blessings flow!

No comments: