Friday, April 16, 2021

A New Project

 My kids know me so well. They know I love a project. Putting things together, painting a piece of furniture or a room, decorating for a new look...anything that makes me feel productive. My daughter delivered, and while my shoulders are killing me I feel accomplished. Hard work is worth it whenever you can appreciate the end results.

I'd done my laundry room/closet at my townhouse and my son-in-law really liked it. He asked if I'd consider doing the same thing for their laundry closet. Theirs is in the kitchen and is slightly larger than mine was, and I was up to the challenge. My laundry room had a wood-looking wallpaper, in a cream and brown tone. My kid's home is decorated in cooler tones; the walls are all light gray. It wasn't going to work with the warmer tones that I'd used, so I sent them pictures of different peel and stick wallpaper to look at and consider. They came back with a brick pattern that is what I would call greige - not to warm but not complete cool either. It was the perfect color and pattern for the look they wanted.

I didn't get any before pictures because my daughter emptied everything out before I had a chance to, and whenever I was working I didn't stop to take pictures. But this is what it looked like after putting up the wallpaper and new shelves:


The wallpaper was surprisingly easy to put up, except whenever it was time to get around all the plumbing. It was tricky but I managed to get it all covered. My daughter picked out the darker colored wood shelves to make the room look more elegant. There was white, light wood, and gray wood as well. I took a piece of the wallpaper with us to Home Depot so we could find the right color and the dark wood worked. We used decorative brackets that are much nicer than the plain ones. They're more expensive but like my son-in-law said, for an extra $20 they got a higher end look so it's worth it.

I'm glad I was able to do this for them before I leave for Central Florida. An update on our move is coming - stay tuned!
  

No comments: