Friday, April 9, 2021

Five More YouTubers I Love To Watch

I'm sitting on a very comfy couch resting my back. I was walking my daughter's dog the other day, and whenever he saw his mama leaving for work, he bolted after her. The hard yank and subsequent holding him back so he wouldn't go under her car caused me to throw out my back. I was in some serious pain, but thanks to rest and Advil I'm doing a whole lot better.

In the meantime, what have I been doing? Splitting my time between crime documentaries on Hulu, classic movies on Disney +, and of course, YouTube. I figured I'd go ahead and share five more channels I enjoy watching and wholeheartedly recommend. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here we go.

1. It's A Southern Thing - This Alabama based comedy channel is absolutely hilarious in how it portrays Southern life with impeccable accuracy. There's different playlists to watch, like Southern Certified, Bless Your Rank, Back Porch Bickerin', or my personal favorite, So True Y'all. Proof that the funniest comedy is just real life. They've also got a channel called This Is Alabama that's got some similar content along with tours and stories all about - what else? - Alabama.

2. Old World Home - I've been watching Hilary for years, since back when her channel was called My So-Called Home. I love that her style is classic. She doesn't shop where every other YouTuber shops. Her home is decorated in early American thrift store. She gets her furniture and decor from Facebook Marketplace, garage sales, antique markets and the like. Yet her home doesn't look like a hodgepodge of other people's discarded junk. It's tastefully done and reflects her New England traditional design style beautifully. Her three kiddos (and number 4 on the way) are also dressed in lovely outfits all purchased from thrift stores. Another mom who shows us that you don't need a ton of money to look classy and elegant.

3. Do It On A Dime - Another YouTuber that believes in the art of upcycling and having a high end home on a low end budget. Kathryn's channel has grown to over 1.75 million subscribers, but I've been watching her since she was just a little influencer. Her DIY's made from Dollar Tree pickins are impressive, and her crafts are simple, inexpensive, and nice enough to display in any home. She's also not afraid to pick up some tools and build whatever she wants if it means saving money. Which leads me to my next pick...

4. Momma From Scratch - if I had to pick a DIY hero, Emily would be it. I'm amazed whenever she decides to build something. She has some mad skills, y'all! I've watched her build benches, tables, and beds; she makes signs for her home and has even sold many of her creations. She and her family recently moved into a new build in the Pacific Northwest, and rather than pay a hefty upcharge for add-ons, she has customized her home to her tastes - by herself. Built-ins in the living room, shelves in the kitchen, she does it all. She is the Queen of Construction. And speaking of royalty...

5. Crystal Tara - Crystal is the Queen of Tiered Trays. I personally don't have tiered trays in my home, except for a glass two tiered tray that was given to me years ago by a colleague and friend who passed away, but I only put that one out at Christmas. Crystal decorates multiple tiered trays around her home and goes through them step-by-step. Whenever anyone says they don't know how to decorate a tiered tray, I point them to Crystal. She also decorates her beautiful home in South Dakota in the modern farmhouse style while caring for her four children, two which are adorable twins. I love that she keeps it real; while she enjoys decorating and baking desserts, she admits cooking is not her forte - which is fine. No one is perfect at everything.

I will have an update to post - hopefully this weekend - on our move which, Lord willing, is happening in two weeks. Stay tuned!


No comments: