Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Question Friday


Hi folks!  It's been a busy week of decorating and tree trimming and exterior light installing to get ready for Christmas, and I haven't been on my blog as often as I like.  Oh, but my house is looking so pretty!  I love this time of year.  I love decorating at any time, but Christmas is so special!  Still, I knew I had to take a few minutes to post my Friday Five.  You can too - just hop on over to Mama M's at My Little Life to join in the fun.

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?
Wow, that's a tough question.  See, I sold Christmas decorations through House of Lloyd for several years, then through Kingdom Treasures a couple more years, so I have decorations galore.  So many of them have special meaning, it's hard to pick a favorite.  Two come to mind that are particularly special:  a Nativity scene that I got for a party I did which is stunning, and the Lloyds, a ceramic family of rabbits all decked out for Christmas.  There's Grandma Flo, Grandpa Lloyd, Floyd and Flossie, and their kids Hip and Hop.  Of course I have about 7 Nativities in different sizes, Santas by the dozens, snowmen, polar bears, and my all time favorites, penguins.  I'm telling you, I love decorating for Christmas!

 2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?
I try to finish as early as possible.  Nothing is more annoying to me than to try and shop during the Christmas holiday.  The stores are packed, customers are rushed and tired and oftentimes nasty, sales clerks are exhausted and grumpy...it's not what I like to call the Christmas spirit.

 3. When do you turn on your heat?
When it gets cold ;).  And here in South Florida, that'll happen a couple days in January.  I think the longest we've ever had the heat on has been 5 nights straight.  Definitely not more than a couple weeks during the entire winter.

 4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?
There have been times, when I read of folks who steal information from a blog to post it as their own on another blog.  I've never had an issue though, thank the Lord, so I've chosen not to go private.  I enjoy reading other people's blogs; it seems only fair to let them read mine.

 5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?
After.  Even the "invisible" ones can leave a stain if the deodorant isn't completely dry before getting dressed.  I figure I'm better protected this way.

Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I really do love your, Five Question Friday! I love rabbits - what a fun collection to have for Christmas! I think that my Nativity is from House of Lloyds - I bought it a long time ago, but that sounds so familiar; I think it was a gift for hosting a party.

I wish my heat only ran 8 days a year! We start turning the heat on in September, and go clear through April! I guess our heat bills are like your air-conditioning bills... :0)

I think if someone likes what I say, it can be on their conscience if they steal it. Lots of things I read on blogs are sometimes things I read on e-mails and other self-help blogs. I just don't want people to steal my pictures, and I know that happens . . . all the time!

After I put my shirt on!!

Hugs,
Barb

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

We finally finished decorating our house for Christmas. My kids had so much fun helping out.
www.rebeccabany.com