Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 20, 2011...

Outside my window...darkness, except for the Christmas lights.  This time of year is so pretty!

I am thinking...about how the internet was so unimportant to me 15 years ago and is so necessary now.

I am thankful...that our internet service is up and running again.  Someone was fixing something and knocked our service out.  We felt so disconnected!

I am going...to bed in a little while, but first I think I'll watch a Christmas cartoon.

I am wearing...my pj's.  It's almost 8:30 at night, I've already showered and can relax now.

I am noticing...the weather is drier and the breezes are nice, but it's not as cold as other years.  I wish we'd get some 50 degree weather.

I am praying...for my mom.  Her heart surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Praying for her, the doctors, my siblings, and for us.

I am hoping...my mother's surgery goes without a hitch and with no complications.

I am pondering these words..."Jesus offers us peace and rest.  No matter how difficult our life may be, God asks us to come unto Him, for He will carry our every burden, our every stress, our every anxiety."  - Kristy-Lee Lawley, Light (devotional)

From the learning rooms...we are on break, and enjoying it immensely!

From the kitchen...we had beef empanadas (patties) which my kids love.  We also baked a couple of cakes for our neighbors.  Yesterday I baked 2 and delivered them.  Today I baked 2 more but only delivered one.  The neighbors weren't home.  Hopefully we'll see them tomorrow.

I am reading...The Vigilante's Bride.  Just started it today.  And of course my Bible.

On my mind...there can't be anything on my mind other than my mom's surgery right now.

One of my favorite things...the comfort I find in Scripture.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we'd like to go bowling tomorrow, since my daughter got a coupon for a free game :).  We have tickets to our old church's Friday night service.  Saturday we're going to spend Christmas Eve with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  Sunday is Christmas of course!  There's a Christmas Day service as well that we will attend, because it would be silly to celebrate Jesus' birthday but not go to visit with Him!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Just sent up a prayer for your Mom.
Love hearing about everyone's day to day lives.