Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 27, 2011...

Outside my window...it's dark, there's a breeze but it's still very warm.  Too warm, IMO.

I am thinking...about the birth of my two youngest children, 22 and 12 years ago.  What a blessing to have these 2 children in my life.  Happy birthday to my daughter A and my son E.

I am thankful for...my mother who is recovering from open heart surgery at home, my kids who share a birthday today, my oldest son who was able to drive down and spend Christmas with us, my cousin who invited us to spend Christmas Eve with her and her friends and my aunt and uncle.  Life is not perfect, but there is still so much to be thankful for.

I am going...to bed soon.  It's almost 9pm.

I am wearing...a yellow tank top, jean skirt and flip-flops.

I am noticing...how grown up my son looks at 12 years old.  He's still my baby, though.

I am praying...for the Lord's guidance, so that I don't make decisions based on my wants but on my needs.

I am hoping...my daughter and son have enjoyed and continue to enjoy their birthday.

I am pondering these words..."Thank the Lord when trouble comes, His love and grace expressing; Grateful praise releases faith, turns trials into blessing." - Egner.

From the learning rooms...still no school, till next week.

From the kitchen...since it was the my kid's birthday, they got to choose where we would eat.  They agreed to have Cracker Barrel which we love.  The meatloaf was out of this world!  E asked for an ice cream cake this year, so we had an Oreo cake.  Yumm-o!

I am reading...The Vigilante's Bride whenever I get a chance.  My kids take up all my time and attention.  And that's just fine with me.

On my mind...my oldest son who will be driving back to Central Florida tomorrow.  I miss him already.

One of my favorite things...the joy and laughter on Christmas morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my son will be leaving tomorrow, which makes me sad.  Thankfully I still have my daughter and youngest son to keep me company.  I have to go to Kohl's this week - I have $30 in Kohl's cash that I don't want to expire.  The year will end on Saturday, but we currently have no plans.  If we stay home, that's fine.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Arlene,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love all the thoughts you shared here about family. Family is what it's all about -- especially at the holidays. God bless! ~Sally