Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Question Friday



Happy Friday!  I hope it's as lovely a day where you are as it is here.  It's in the low 80s, though I must say it's pretty hot out, but the humidity is lower today than it was yesterday.  I was able to cut the grass in the backyard, but for some reason the lawn mower quit on me when I got to the front yard :P.  Oh well, instead of letting it get me down, how about some Fun Friday Five Questions!  Visit Mama M at My Little Life if you want to join in the fun.

1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where?
I think I would go to Arkansas and meet up with a friend of mine there, then on to Kansas to visit another friend, down to New Mexico for yet another visit with another friend, back to the Southeast to visit a friend in the Carolinas...hmm, not on today's gas prices, though :P

2. What's your most recently read favorite book?
My favorite-favorite book is the Bible, hands down.  I also love Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, basically anything by Jane Austen.

3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory?
I can't think of one.  I wasn't one of those rowdy kids that goes away for spring break or anything, and after the kids came along I worked so there wasn't much of an opportunity to do anything for spring break.  This year my daughter had spring break so she came home, but my son didn't have spring break till the week after hers and he was sick with fever and body aches, so pretty much this was another not-too-memorable one.

4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket?
I never made an Easter basket.  Honestly, I've never liked them much.  It seems to me they take the focus off the real celebration, which is the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  My kids typically got pre-made baskets from family members, which they enjoyed but which made a mess of stuffing paper everywhere.

5. Do you get a summer haircut?
I try to get a haircut every 3 months.  My hair grows like a weed, and since I color it and blow dry it and straighten it with a straightening iron, it takes a lot of abuse.  I will typically cut my hair to just below my shoulders (clavicle length) and within 3 months it will have grown 2-3 inches.  I don't get a different haircut for the summer, just try to get it back to the original length.

No comments: