Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, March 13, 2012...

Outside my window...it's a pleasant day, warm, overcast, breezy and dry.  A perfect spring day.

I am thinking...am I the only one that wishes this whole Daylight Savings Time would stop already?!

I am thankful...my son E only has a bad cold and nothing more serious.  I was concerned when I saw he had a fever of 102.7 degrees this morning, but he was checked out and no infections were found.  I'm glad for that.

I am going...to try and rest some myself, since I've got this cold as well.

I am wearing...a black and white top, black capris and red flats.  It's in the 70s, or at least it was last time I checked.

In the kitchen...I made a frozen pizza.  I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen today.

I am creating...nothing this week.  It's spring break, we're sick, and all I want is to get some rest.

I am wondering...why is it the more "advanced" we become, the more backward we really are?

I am reading...Pride and Prejudice.  Or at least I plan to start reading it.  Again.

I am hoping...my son doesn't have anymore fever.

I am looking forward to...the Bates Family special on TLC tonight.  It's on right after the Duggars.  There's not often good programs on TV; two great shows on the same night is a real treat!

I am learning...to be content with all God chooses not to give me.

Around the house...I got lots done yesterday; 4 loads of laundry, cleaned floors, did a little dusting.  It's no wonder I feel tired today.  That, and moving the clock one hour forward. :P

I am pondering these words..."Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor." - Benjamin Franklin.

A few plans for the rest of the week...since we're on spring break this week, there's no Awana.  That's actually a good thing; it gives E and I a chance to get the rest we need, and we won't be around the other kids giving them our nasty germs.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi, Arlene,
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting Bears at Home.
Sorry you're not feeling well...I am in the last stages of what I've had for 3 weeks because the Pear trees are losing their blooms.
I agree with you about the time change. I think they should split it in half and leave it there. It always takes me weeks to get used to the change.
Mama Bear