Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 22, 2012...

Outside my window...it's a little warmer today than it's been, still breezy but a tad humid which it hasn't been the past few days.

I am thinking...of my daughter's room, and how we'll be transforming it in the next couple of months.

I am thankful...for my life, the good, the bad, and the ugly of it.

I am going...to finish polishing the floors in the main living area today.

I am wearing...a black and white top, black capris, and no shoes because I've been cleaning the floors.  It's in the low 80s today, sunny and warm.

In the kitchen...there's homemade baked macaroni and cheese.  A family favorite.

I am creating...shiny floors!  Even though our floors are laminate, adding floor polish helps keep them looking like new.

I am wondering...what to do to make my home look more spring-like.  My favorite season is fall, and most of my decor is in that warm color palette.  I need to bring some springtime into my home.

I am reading...well, I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice again yesterday, and now I'm re-reading A Love That Multiplies.

I am hoping...my daughter's old bedroom furniture gets picked up this week.

I am looking forward to...the weekend, and resting from lots of work this week.

I am learning...about ceiling fans.  What's the right size for each room.

Around the house...I just finished polishing the floors in the family room.  I've got to put the furniture back in place, then do some of the hallway that didn't get done because I didn't want to back myself into a corner.

I am pondering these words..."Swallowing your pride seldom leads to indigestion." (Author Unknown)

A few plans for the rest of the week...finish the floors, cut the grass tomorrow, watch the Muppet Movie on DVD (I got it the same day it came out because it is the FUNNIEST movie we've seen in a long time), and get some much needed rest.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.


No comments: