Monday, October 15, 2012

Move It Mondays

Good Monday morning!  The weather has changed dramatically just today.  It was pouring rain when my son got up for school this morning.  It was drizzling when we left the house, barely raining at all as we approached the school building, started picking up, poured again as I got back home, and in less than half an hour the sun was out and the sky was blue (or, as my daughter stated, there were blue clouds.  She was still half asleep).  That's October in South Florida.  We had a few gorgeous days, low humidity, pleasant breezes, perfect hair days.  Then yesterday the storms started coming in again, and it looks like we'll be visited by rain on and off for the next few days.

This presents a bit of a problem as far as Molly's bath is concerned.  She hates water, hates getting wet, and absolutely hates baths.  I give her a bath outside because getting her to stay still is impossible, and she'd destroy the bathroom.  Rainy days make it difficult to get her cleaned up.  I'll wait a while and see if the rain lets up.  If it does, she's in for a treat :P.

I got a lot done on Saturday, mopped floors, did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, so there isn't a ton of things to get done in the housework department.  My daughter has a nasty cold, nothing like what my son had last week but she still feels pretty yucky with a stuffed up nose and cough, so soup is on the menu for today.  Chicken soup, food for the soul.  She's happy about that.

I did get some paperwork done this morning.  Florida Power and Light sent an offer I signed up for:  get your bills sent electronically, and they will give me a $50 restaurant card.  Hopefully it's for a restaurant we like ;). I got some bills paid too, and put E's box tops together to give to the school.  So, even though it's a rainy day (or at least it was), I did manage to make the first part of the morning productive.

The rest of the day?  I think I'll get the bathrooms cleaned up today (my least favorite chore), then get the soup going, and afterwards...who knows?  It's Monday, and Lord willing I have a whole week ahead of me!  Have a blessed day!

No comments: