Monday, October 8, 2012

Move It Mondays

Happy Monday!  I've been moving it indoors today, on account of the almost non-stop rain we're having.  It's currently drizzling, but we've had light to heavy rain all morning.  As a matter of fact, this has been the wettest summer I can remember, and the rains have continued into fall without any signs of letting up.  The humidity and heat indexes have been high everyday for months now.  Our saturated ground could use a break!

This weekend my youngest son and I attended the Awana conference here in South Florida.  What a wonderful time of fellowship and encouragement!  I've gotta get a post up describing some of the things we learned.

Anyway, with all the rain I haven't been able to finish mowing the lawn.  Instead I began the day by putting some jambalaya in the crock pot.  It smells delicious!  In some places there's no school today because of it being Columbus Day, but South Florida doesn't care too much about Columbus because it's a regular school day (to my son's utter chagrin).  So after breakfast I dropped him off at school and came straight home.  I folded the clean socks I'd washed yesterday and started a load of towels.  Next I cleaned the master bathroom, the kitchen, and the family room.  I've made some white rice to go with my jambalaya, and I'll be having lunch in a few minutes.  Afterwards, I think I'll do some ironing before it's time to pick up my son from school again.  Did I mention my son's grades have been steadily improving?  We give God the glory for E's 5 B's and 1 C (in science; we're hoping with the science fair project he can bring that grade up too).  It's a joy to see my son work hard to keep his grades up.

Since the weather forecast calls for rain all day, we'll be staying indoors after school.  My daughter works today, and she's thankful for food she can pack for work.  I'm thankful I can provide it :).  My oldest son will be heading for school in the evening, so we'll keep him in prayer for safety.  Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments: