Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, October 2, 2012...

Outside my window...everything is wet from all the rain we got yesterday, last night and early this morning.  The rain has stopped temporarily; it won't be long before it starts up again.

I am thinking...about my half cut lawn, and how funny it looks when only half the grass is cut.  Maybe the rain will let up by tomorrow and the rest of the lawn can be mowed.

I am thankful...for my nice, comfortable home that keeps us dry and cool when outside it's wet and humid.

I am going...to give my bedroom a good cleaning.

I am wearing...a light blue top, blue prairie style skirt, and flip-flops.  It's 79 degrees right now, but with humidity at 90% and the dew point at 76%, it feels like it's in the 80's already and it isn't even 10:00 in the morning.

I am noticing...how much slimmer my daughter looks.  She's been exercising more, and has started running in the mornings.  I think her hard work will pay off.

In the kitchen...I have some ham steaks that I'll bake in the oven with pineapple chunks.  Add to that some rice medley, fried plantains and a salad, and we're all set.

I am creating...a clean, comfortable home for my family.

I am reading...very little lately, not because I don't want to but because I'm always running around.  I'd like to finish the book I started, Hurricanes in Paradise.

I am hoping...the lawn mower will hold out for a few more months, though I don't know that it's possible.  The engine started smoking yesterday.  I guess after 12 years I can't complain.

I am looking forward to...the Awana conference this weekend.  We get to learn about Awana and all the new things in store for this year.  Our leader says it's very encouraging.

I am hearing...the air conditioning unit humming away.  I know it's October, but we'll probably have the a/c running for another couple of months before the weather starts to cool down some.

Around the house...things are pretty much in order, but my bedroom needs a good dusting.  I'll be tackling that right after this post.

A favorite quote of the day..."To a friend's house, the road is never long." - Author unknown.

One of my favorite things...the smells, tastes, and colors of fall.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow night, and the Awana conference on Saturday.  Church on Sunday.  That's all that's planned right now.

Here's a picture thought I'd like to share...


Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi, we're having much the same weather and my AC has been on this morning too...
I'm coming to eat with you, yummy meal you've planned. Maybe you could shared the Plantains dish. I've not had them in years, my neighbor used to make them back when I live here before.
Have a happy week.
Mama Bear

LLM Calling said...

Wow, it sounds like a very warm Autumn for you. We have cold wet autumns but I love them as well when the sun shines through all the colourful leaves. God Bless
Emma at LLM Calling