Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, October 17, 2012...

Outside my window...the sun is shining bright, but the weatherman says to expect rain this afternoon.  Typical for this time of year.

I am thinking...of how quiet a hurricane season this has been.  There have been many storms, but they've all stayed out in the ocean for the most part.

I am thankful...that Hurricane Paul didn't do nearly as much damage in Mexico as it could have.  Thankful for the missionary families who are protected from the storms.

I am going...to finish making lunch.

I am wearing...a baby blue top, blue prairie style skirt, and flip-flops.  It's 84 degrees in sunny South Florida.

I am noticing...all the Christmas decorations going up in the stores, and folks purchasing them already.

In the kitchen...I have some chicken wings in the oven which I'll serve with noodles, baked beans, corn and a salad.

I am creating...a mental picture of what I plan to do this Christmas as far as decorating.

I am reading...nothing, other than my daily devotions.  And Exodus, with my youngest son.

I am hoping...the weather continues to cool down.  Our humidity has been just a tad lower, and it makes a huge difference.

I am looking forward to...working on my son's science project with him.

I am hearing...the microwave as my older son warms up some soup, the hum of the air conditioner and the refrigerator, and the clicking of the keys on my computer.

Around the house...I've got a load of laundry in the washer, another in the dryer, and I cleaned the hall bathroom.  The kitchen has been cleaned as well.

A favorite quote of the day..."I've learned three things never to discuss with people. Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus

One of my favorite things...Peanuts cartoons.

A few plans for the rest of the week...since E was out sick a good part of last week, he has schoolwork that needs to get caught up.  We'll be working on that.  Otherwise, nothing planned.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: