Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Welcome to my Wednesday Hodgepodge post, courtesy of Joyce, From This Side of the Pond.  Hope you're having a good week so far.


1.  So, do you like beer?
Um, no.  I don't.

2.  What's your least favorite repetitive task?
Cleaning the bathrooms.

3.  When was the last time you rode a bus?  Where was it headed?
Oh wow.  I haven't been on a bus since...1988, when I went to NY and took my oldest son with me.  I'm wracking my brain but honestly I cannot think of another time I've been on a bus since.  I've never ridden on a public transportation bus in Florida, ever.  Wait!  Yes - the buses at Disney World that take you from the resort hotel to the parks.  I've ridden in those.  Last time was when my brother and sister were here - just last year.

4.  What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?
There was a song my mom absolutely hated to hear (and of course I loved).  It was Loving You (can't remember the name of the singer).  It went like this:  "Loving you, is easy 'cause you're beautiful."  Remember that?  After the chorus she'd sing a really high note that my mom said sounded like screeching tires and she couldn't stand it!

5.  The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
I'm not a debater.  My primary spiritual strength is Harmony.

6.  Can a person make too much money?  How much is too much?
The amount is not what makes it too much money.  It's the value it's given.  There are plenty of wealthy individuals that have no problem sharing their wealth with others.  Then there are those who have little money and yet are extremely selfish with it.  Money can become an idol, and when that happens, any amount is too much.

7.  Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?
I've always called it soda.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
As of noon today, Tropical Storm Sandy was officially upgraded to hurricane status.  We are keeping an eye on it, even though the National Hurricane Center says Florida isn't in the cone.  If there's one thing I've learned, it's that hurricanes don't always listen to the NHC.  Prayers going up for the folks in Jamaica, Cuba, the Bahamas, and especially Haiti.



3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Minnie Riperton sang Loving You. She's also Maya Rudolph's mother. Maya is a comedienne that was on Saturday Night Live (often played Oprah) but you may know her better for the voice of Rapunzel in the movie "Shrek the 3rd". ;)

And northern mid-west states usually call soda 'pop'. My friend in MN calls it pop. Makes me laugh. :)

Kim said...

You are right on the mark with our money answer. It's not how much you have, but how you share it!

Joyce said...

My father in law used to tease us/make us crazy singing that Minnie Ripperton song. It was funny : )

Hope the hurricaine calms down...we're supposed to feel the effects up here later this week. They predict flooding which normally doesn't impact us up on the hill, but does create commuting issues for my hubs. Stay safe!